- Prehistoric Fish Found Near Mississippi SpillwayPosted 9 months ago
- SondeCAM Underwater Camera Makes Smallmouth CuriousPosted 9 months ago
- Archerfish Study: Fish Recognize FacesPosted 9 months ago
- Climate Change Impacts North American FishPosted 10 months ago
- Microplastics In The Environment: Larval Perch Choose PlasticPosted 10 months ago
- Otoliths Of Amazon River Fishes Reveal Life CyclesPosted 10 months ago
- Coral Bleaching Hits Clownfish Habitat SelectionPosted 10 months ago
- Fish Ladders For South Dakota StreamsPosted 11 months ago
Montana State University Offers Trout In The Classroom Workshop
Teachers in Montana can take part in the Trout in the Classroom program offered by Trout Unlimited, according to a release from Montana State University. The university is hosting the workshop on Sunday, July 10.
The workshop will cover trout biology and the basics of aquatic ecosystem health, along with how to set up and maintain a Trout in the Classroom program. Participants will also learn about additional educational opportunities and funding options to support the program and explore field activities at a local fish hatchery.
The event runs from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. The cost is $60 and covers all course materials. Teachers who participate may use the workshop for continuing education units. Registration is available online, on a first-come, first-served basis.
Top image: Typical Trout in the Classroom tank setup. (Credit: Trout Unlimited)