- Prehistoric Fish Found Near Mississippi SpillwayPosted 9 months ago
- SondeCAM Underwater Camera Makes Smallmouth CuriousPosted 9 months ago
- Archerfish Study: Fish Recognize FacesPosted 9 months ago
- Climate Change Impacts North American FishPosted 10 months ago
- Microplastics In The Environment: Larval Perch Choose PlasticPosted 10 months ago
- Otoliths Of Amazon River Fishes Reveal Life CyclesPosted 10 months ago
- Coral Bleaching Hits Clownfish Habitat SelectionPosted 10 months ago
- Fish Ladders For South Dakota StreamsPosted 11 months ago
Prehistoric Fish Found Near Mississippi Spillway
Mississippi State University researchers recently recorded unexpectedly high numbers of paddlefish, a prehistoric fish, near a refuge spillway.
Archerfish Study: Fish Recognize Faces
Oxford U. scientists use underwater cameras to record archerfish shooting water at images of human faces, showing that the fish recognize faces.
Climate Change Impacts North American Fish
Numerous impacts of climate change on North American fish are uncovered through a data analysis by U.S. Geological Survey scientists.
Microplastics In The Environment: Larval Perch Choose Plastic
Uppsala University scientists link the growing threat of microplastics in the environment with an increased appetite for microplastics in larval perch.
Otoliths Of Amazon River Fishes Reveal Life Cycles
An investigation using the otolith bones of Amazon River fishes reveals unknowns about several fish life cycles.
Coral Bleaching Hits Clownfish Habitat Selection
University of Delaware scientists assess the impacts of coral bleaching on clownfish, which are highly reliant on anemones for habitat.
Asian Carp Great Lakes Invasion Risk Via Barges
U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service biologists study the likelihood that Asian carp can make it through electric barriers if they get stuck in nooks of barges.
Fish Ladders For South Dakota Streams
South Dakota State University experts have designed new fish ladders to help fish passage in the state.
Tagged Alligator Gar Reveal Insights Into Habitat Use
Fisheries biologists with Florida’s Fish and Wildlife Research Institute have tagged more than 20 alligator gar to study their movements and habitat use.
Pacific Ocean Lingcod Stocks May Benefit From New Gear
Scientists at U. of Washington work with The Nature Conservancy and fishermen to solve an imbalance in Pacific Ocean lingcod stocks using innovative gear.